Thursday 5 June 2014

Fellow Folksy-ers! Roz Legge of Rozcraftz

In the first of a new "series" I'll be interviewing some fellow Folksy sellers to find out a wee bit more about them and what they do :)  First of all we have Roz Legge from Rozcraftz!

Red and gold felt and hessian decorative wreath

First of all, could you please tell us a bit about yourself ?
I am a self employed chiropodist and mother to 2 teenage daughters with 2 dogs, 3 lizards, a snake and several fish to look after! Having been defined as a scientist all my life I came to crafting late but am now completely addicted.

Tell us about your shop, Rozcraftz
My shop is full of various giftware and home decor items. I have tried out lots of different crafts tending to move on from one to the next once I have mastered a technique! I have recently discovered felting (both needle felting and wet felting) and have fallen in love with it so more and more felted items are now appearing in my shop. I intend to stick with felting now and gradually phase out the rest of my stock although I expect the odd non felted item will appear.

How did you get started?
My youngest daughter had been to a concert and wanted to make a scrapbook with all the photos etc so I made one for her. At about the same time my eldest daughter was trying to raise money towards a trip to Namibia to work as a volunteer at a wildlife conservation park. She started doing pencil drawings of animals and taking commissions for pet portraits and I suggested I made a few more blank albums and we could go to craft fairs together. Everything sort of snowballed from there!
What’s your favourite item in your shop and why?
That's a hard question to answer but my felt work is my favourite, in particular my needle felted pet portraits. I always do the eyes last and love watching the animal come alive when I add them. The eyes always convey so much character.
 

Favourite book?
Favourite book, probably "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. Not really sure why but it really gripped me and the descriptions of how buildings were built has made me much more aware of the features of the buildings around me.

A random fact about you?
I have a Masters Degree in Radiation Physics but can't remember any of it now!

Pick three of your favourite items/shops on Folksy
So difficult to choose. I try and avoid searching around Folksy too much unless I am looking for something specific because there are far too many talented people offering such amazing goods, all of which I would want to buy! However, the following are among my favourite shops.

K Price Art has some really lovely felted pictures. One day I'm hoping I can create similar.


I love the work by Paper, chains and beads -  particularly the paintings and artworks section. Lots of different and unusual methods and media have been used.

Painting - Encaustic Art (Wax) Meadow - A4 Size - Free UK P&P
Paper, Chains and Beads - Encaustic (Wax) Art Meadow

Finally I adore the fairies in the shop Garden Fairy Figures I first saw these fairies on Facebook and fell in love with them. They are so original and always make me smile.

Fairy for the home or garden
Garden Fairy Figures - Fairy on a Swing



Thank you very much Roz!  One of my personal favourites in her shop is this beautiful felted elephant silhouette against the sunset, the colours are just gorgeous.

Felted Picture "Elephant in sunset"
Elephant in Sunset
 If you'd like to have a proper look at the wonderful variety in Roz's shop then here's the link: https://beta.folksy.com/shops/Rozcraftz   

All the images above have the link to the appropriate shop in the caption, just click on the name :)

Kathelle x


No comments:

Post a Comment