Friday 9 May 2014

Strandom - 2 weeks to go...

I received a few lovely parcels in the post this morning and earlier on this week which mean that I can finally get started on new projects for Strandom! I've been itching to get going for a while, though it won't be easy with the two little ones! I'll try my best ;)  Aiming for 23rd May... we'll see how it goes.


 DJ's at that stage where he's into everything... (It's a cliche for a reason!) I was working on EJ's quilt last night and he was going through the extra squares and using one to wipe his face as if it was a facecloth! pah, little boys haha!   Remember this from my last post? 

 
And he loved the new zips...  They are both down now (a wee bit of P&Q - also know as peace and quiet!) so I'm having a cup of tea while I sort these photos for you :)  

Eilean Glas lighthouse - stone wall by my very talented uncle!

 While I was home on holiday last month I popped up to Tarbert, thanks to my Dad for driving as I STILL have not got my license... one day!  I went into the Harris Tweed shop and dithered over the gorgeous choices while he drove the kids about to keep them happy :) Here's some of what I've chosen for Strandom.





The pink and blue with cream ones at the top of the above photo were woven by Heather, she has a Facebook page called Handmade by Heather - Isle of Harris. They're gorgeous, looking forward to seeing what else she does!  You can see the pink one more clearly in the middle photo.

Amazingly they are still sleeping, so I'll see what housework I can do before the little man gets up and EJ needs a feed!

Kathelle x


3 comments:

  1. I adore those zips Kathelle! And if that's the view from your house I am awestruck...don't think I'd get much housework done at all, I'd spend all my time painting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not! You can only get to the lighthouse by walking, it's in Scalpay, Isle of Harris, which is where I'm from. I have many memories of time spent at the lighthouse :) I live in Aberdeenshire now, but you can't beat home ;) There was actually an artist living in one of the lighthouse buildings a few years ago, don't know how he coped in the winter crossing the moor! x

      Delete
    2. P.S. thanks for being my first commenter :D x

      Delete