Tuesday 13 May 2014

EJ's Quilt - Part 2


A wee update on the quilt! I've not managed to do a huge amount on it since last week.  It's all arranged - you can see the spares floating about in the corner of the photo - I had 9 in total, so I'll use them in the back of the quilt somehow, as this section is nine blocks wide by nine blocks tall.


I sewn up all the squares and blocks in columns and now I'm half way through sewing the rows together... I've done two more since this photo was taken.  I'm much happier with the colours in this version as they really pop and are very vibrant which is what I was hoping for.  Yay! (I'm sad I know...haha)


Close up of the centre of the quilt half sewn up.  I was trying to use a different colour of pinwheel on the corners of the large ones so they stood out a bit more.  For example I used blues and greens to frame the pink one below.


Now once the top's done, I need to decide how to quilt it.  If I were a wonderful expert with freehand quilting I would do swirls around the pinwheels like the wind... but I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination. :/ I may experiment and see how it goes, I just really think that straight line quilting wouldn't work on this pattern, it would lose it's freedom and fun, hmmm...  We'll see!

I had a rather busy weekend with having a brand new niece (though I've not seen her yet, I can not wait!) going to Aberdeen and church.  So I hope to have a productive week getting stock ready for Strandom and the usual household stuff :) And trying to finish this quilt top of course!

Kathelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment